BWJP 2022 Impact Report
Dearest Friends of BWJP,
We’ve been busy! In the last eighteen months, we have experienced a significant transformation and many achievements within BWJP.
- We embraced a total redesign of our brand and website.
- We released the National Gender-Based Violence Learning Community in partnership with three other leading gender-based violence organizations.
- We welcomed the National Clearinghouse for the Defense of Battered Women to our team as the new National Defense Center for Criminalized Survivors.
- We began the development of two new national centers—The National Center on Reimagining Coordinated Community Response and The National Center on Systems Change and Advocacy.
We are privileged to be at the forefront of the movement working to create systemic change, and we take that responsibility seriously. It is critical to maintain an intersectional lens that prevents further harm to historically marginalized communities. As we advance this crucial work to keep survivors safe and support thriving families and communities, we hope you will partner with BWJP as we continue to:
- Be the trusted source of expertise and innovation at the intersection of gender-based violence and legal systems.
- Foster an environment where staff and board of directors feel valued, supported and are motivated leaders in social change.
- Center survivors and marginalized communities in our work with advocates, practitioners, and systems.
- Diversify the revenue streams driving our investments in staff, growth opportunities, and systems transformation.
We are pleased to share BWJP’s FY 2022 Impact Report, demonstrating our ongoing progress as we continue this critical work informing coalitions, advocates, attorneys, and more nationwide. We welcome you to our new era and look forward to the journey as we all work together to keep survivors, their families, and their communities safe and supported.
Amy J. Sànchez, Chief Executive Officer
Safia Khan, Chair of the Board of DirectorsDownload BWJP_AnnualReport2022_FINAL.pdf