National Training Institute on Protection Order Practice for Attorneys & Advocates
Presented by The National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit
In collaboration with:
- Legal Resource Center on Violence Against Women (LRC);
- Southwest Center for Law & Policy (SWCLAP);
- Stalking Prevention, Awareness and Resources Center (SPARC) of AEquitas.
Institute training objects: As a result of this training, participants will be better able to:
- Provide survivor-centered advocacy and representation to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Apply advocacy skills to assist survivors seeking protection orders.
- Tailor legal representation and advocacy skills to meet the individual needs of each victim and enhance survivor safety.
- Recognize barriers that impact individuals seeking and enforcing protection orders and design advocacy to respond appropriately.