We’re Hiring: Executive Assistant
BWJP is the national non-profit leader at the intersection of gender-based violence and the law. BWJP is a dynamic collection of national policy and practice centers which provide support, education, best practice, and innovation to advocates, systems professionals, community leaders, and policy experts. BWJP advocates for survivors of gender-based violence with both civil and criminal resources, training, and consulting. We believe in creating systemic change that acknowledges the nuances and complexities that exist within the world of gender-based violence.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (80%). They serve as a liaison to executive leadership, including the board of directors and management team; organize and coordinate executive outreach; and oversee special projects. They also provide executive administrative support to the Chief Executive of External Relations (CEER) (20%).
BWJP is seeking an individual who is detailed oriented and highly motivated, with strong written and verbal communication skills. They must have excellent organizational skills and be able to manage multiple high-level priorities at the same time. BWJP is looking for a self-starter who is comfortable providing excellent service to various constituencies from all walks of life. A successful candidate will handle job responsibilities with discretion and professionalism.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Executive Support to the CEO
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including:
- Preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Managing an active calendar of appointments
- Composing and arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Leadership Team, providing administrative/project support as requested.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management and other staff.
- Successfully completes deliverables in a timely manner, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs. Handles matters expeditiously and proactively. Follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support to the CEO
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the board of directors.
- Supports the CEO and the board by ensuring board minutes are taken and finalized; meeting schedule and logistics are set; refreshments/meals, if needed, are provided; and materials are distributed in advance.
- Assists board members with board meeting/retreat travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed in coordination with the Event and Conference Planner.
- Maintains discretion in relationships with all board members.
Senior Management Support to the CEO
- Participates as an adjunct member of the executive leadership team, including scheduling and attending all meetings. Provide structured leadership for CEO follow-up to decisions/ action items.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of all internal staff meetings, and any off-site meetings for the CEO.
Communications and Outreach
- In coordination with the CEER, edits and completes first drafts of written communications to external stakeholders and submits to CEO for review/signature
- Coordinates and drafts the monthly Board Briefing and submits it to the CEO. Coordinates PR, interviews, and other communications needs with the Communications Department.
- Represents the organization during community projects or other gatherings as designated.
- Follows up on contacts made by the Board President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- May conduct research (within skills and expertise) to assist with projects or inquiries as delegated by the CEO.
Executive Support to the CEER
- Manage professional and occasional personal scheduling for CEER, including agendas, mail, email, calls, client management, expense reporting and other logistics.
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange travel and all travel-related activities.
- Proofreads correspondence.
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and implementation of special events, such as fundraisers, celebrations, etc.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEER and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- May conduct research (within skills and expertise) to assist with projects or inquiries as delegated by the CEER.
Skills and Qualifications
- Creativity paired with strong judgment and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative, team player; high level of professionalism, courtesy, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects, from conception to completion, handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills; bilingual proficiency in English and another language, including speaking, reading, and writing preferred.
- Strong community and organizational awareness and astuteness.
- A strong commitment to ending gender-based violence and diversity, equity, and inclusion principles.
Compensation and Logistics
- $55,000 to $62,500 per year based on experience, plus health, dental, vision, retirement, short/long term disability and life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Preferred location: St. Paul, MN at the administrative offices of BWJP.
- Typical hours are 8:30 am- 4:30 pm CT; there will be evening or weekend work on occasion.
- Flexibility for occasional virtual work.
- Occasional travel is required.
Send cover letter and resume to Jeanne Larson, HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Executive Assistant in the subject line. This position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by September 15, 2022. Please be prepared to submit a writing sample and three references upon request.TAGS: #BWJP Announcements